What is the physical nature of humanity's social life? This question may seem odd, but it's legitimate; in a billiard ball world, we should technically be able to explain the physics of the social. But as expected, this question has been largely unexplored. This changed a bit in 2015 when renowned political scientist Alexander Wendt attempted to explain the physicality of the social sciences using the bizarre mechanisms of quantum physics. In doing so, he paints a novel, optimistic and inspiring picture of human nature.
The following is utilized under a Creative Commons 3.0 License:
1. Comfort Fit – “Planetary Picknick”
2. t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者 – “愛の瞬間” , “深夜の愛” , “星間性交”
The following is utilized under a Creative Commons 4.0 License:
1. BenJamin Banger – “Bobby Drake”
2. Chris Zabriskie – “Land on the Golden Gate”
3. Pipe Choir – “Exit Exit”
1. Heidegger, M. (2000). Introduction to metaphysics. (G. Fried and R. Polt, Trans.). New Haven: Yale University Press. (Original work published 1953)
2. Rousseau, J-J. (2011). Discourse on the origin of inequality. (D. Cress, Trans.). Hackett: Indianapolis. (Original work written 1754).
3. Thucycides, -. (2017). The history of the Peloponnesian war. (R. Crawley, Trans.). Digireads.com Publishing: Overland Park, KS. (Original work written circa 400 B.C.)
4. Wendt, A. (1999). Social theory of international politics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
5. Wendt, A. (2003). Why a world state is inevitable. European Journal of International Relations. 9(4). 491-542.
6. Wendt, A. (2006). Social theory as cartesian science: an auto-critique. In Guzzini S. and Leander A. (Eds.) Constructivism and international relations. Milton Park: Routledge. 181-219.
7. Wendt, A. (2015). Quantum mind and social science: unifying physical and social ontology. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
8. Wendt, A. (2018). The mind-body problem and social science: motivating a quantum social theory. Journal for the Theory of Social Behaviour. 48(2). 188-204.
9. [Critical Realism Network]. (2016). Beyond the mechanistic paradigm: towards a quantum social science – Professor webinar Alex Wendt [video file]. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYWq8EwdDLk&t=831s